Around town : Boy’s death: Labour contractor arrested
- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013: Imperious Brad Hodge powers Rajasthan Royals to qualifier
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
A Labour contractor was on Saturday arrested by D N Nagar police and booked for causing death by negligence. On July 3, a 5-year-old boy died after falling from the seventh floor of an under-construction building in Andheri (West). Shreeshail Birajdar (29) was arrested after investigations revealed negligence on his part caused the death. "The boy lived with his parents at the under-construction site. There was no boundary wall but just a small metallic sheet instead of a fence," said senior inspector Vijay Bhoite.
Nullah collapses at Santacruz
A portion of a 25-30 metre long roadside nullah on North Avenue Road in Santacruz (west) collapsed on Saturday morning, causing damage to the approach mud-path above it and the adjoining embankment wall. The culvert at Garjadhar Bunder, Siddhivinayak chawl near Hanuman Chowk off the main North Avenue Road, caved in around 12 pm. "Due to last night's heavy rainfall, two to three ft of the walking path has settled into the area where the culvert collapsed," said Assistant Municipal Commissioner, S N Dhamane. The repair work will take at least five days to complete.
Two arrested for robbing a man
Two persons who had allegedly robbed a man of valuables worth Rs 22,000 on June 19 were nabbed by Unit 4 of the Mumbai Police Crime Branch on Friday. Investigations revealed that the victim's wife had payed the duo to assault her husband because of his alleged infidelity.
- Paddy shortfall blamed for mystery death of procurement officer
- 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief’s son-in-law: cops
- Net widens, police watching three more players, new set of bookies
- Suspected Islamists behead soldier on London street
- Malegaon 2006 case: NIA names four right wing terror suspects
- BJP invokes 'sarcasm, ridicule' against PM