Around Town :Two engineers suspended
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
New delhi:The East Municipal Corporation on Friday suspended two engineers for dereliction of duty and negligence with respect to unauthorised construction. The additional commissioner of the corporation placed executive engineer Vipin Kumar and assistant engineer Ravi Kant of Shahdara (North) on suspension for failing to discharge their duties.
HC refuses to reopen Savitri Cinema case
New delhi:Refusing to "re-open" the issues already settled by previous court orders, the Delhi HC on Friday dismissed a petition by the GK-II residents' welfare association against the opening of Savitri Cinema Complex citing traffic-related issues. The court noted that the petitioner had failed to show any deficiency in the experts' decisions allowing the functioning of the complex in South Delhi.
61-year-old man held with 3 kg heroin
New delhi:A 61-year-old man was arrested for allegedly possessing 3 kg heroin worth Rs 3 crore. " Narain Dass was apprehended from Dwarka on Thursday based on a tip-off," said Deputy Commissioner of Police (Crime) Sanjay Kumar Jain. One kg heroin was recovered from Dass's possession, while another 2 kg were recovered from his house in Karala village.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Mumbai police say they too may seek custody of arrested pacer
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet