- Former Ranji player held, Sreesanth and others to be produced in court today
- Li Keqiang pitches for more Chinese investments as he backs trade balance
- All eyes on Narendra Modi as BJP set to discuss strategy for Lok Sabha polls
- SC agrees to hear PIL to stay IPL matches due to spot-fixing
- Monstrous tornado rips through US city of Oklahoma, 90 dead
PUSU holds meet with college presidents
Chandigarh:PUSU members conducted a meeting, on Thursday, with all the elected presidents of all Panjab University-affiliated colleges in Chandigarh. In the meeting it was decided that there should be five elected student representatives for the senate including one student president of PUCSC, two student president elected from colleges (boys) and two student president elected from colleges (girls). A memorandum regarding the same was submitted to the Vice-Chancellor of Panjab University and Member of Parliament and Union minister Pawan Kumar Bansal. A copy was also sent to the Vice-President of India.
First project finally launched in ward 2
Chandigarh:Councillor of Ward 2 Saurabh Joshi carried out a special prayer service at the launch of the first project in the ward in the last 10 months since the new tenure of the MC started. The laying of paver blocks on V-5 road was inaugurated. Joshi stated that he beseeched God's blessing on every officer so that they focus on development works in the whole city and shoulder their responsibilities well. Joshi expressed hope that other projects proposed for the ward including providing play grounds, hi-tech schools, community centre with all facilities for the residents and a clean environment would also be completed.
Pak delegates at Saupins
Chandigarh:With an aim to exchange and share information amongst the two countries, eminent NGO's Routes 2 Roots and Citizens Archives from Pakistan visited Saupins school in Sector 32. The delegates interacted with the children and asked them questions related to culture, customs and traditions of both the countries.
Saupins picnic at Sukhna
Mohali:Saupins school on Thursday arranged a picnic for students at the Sukhna lake for them to admire the graffiti and the puppets displayed by the artists at the lake. To add to the experience, the children were taken to the spot in a double decker `Hop On Hop Off' bus, a facility offered by the CITCO.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held