- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013: Imperious Brad Hodge powers Rajasthan Royals to qualifier
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
MC disconnects sewer connections
Ludhiana:The Ludhiana Municipal Corporation on Friday disconnected 15 sewer connections of dairies, which were allegedly throwing cattle dung directly into the sewer lines and thus were choking them.
The errant dairies were operational in Bhagat Singh Colony, Mahender Colony, Gajja Jain colony and Muslim Colony in ward number 15.
Waves cinema cancels shows
Ludhiana:Following the death of liquor baron and real estate developer Ponty Chadha, shows at Waves Cinemas, ownd by the liquor baron, have cancelled for 3 days. Chadha also owns a house in Sarabha Nagar and runs more than 30 liquor vends in Ludhiana city alone.
Sabha to hold meeting on Nov 24
Ludhiana:The Chamar Mahan Sabha has called an urgent meeting of its Ludhiana Unit on November 24 to discuss issues concerned with the state's Scheduled Castes. The meeting will take place at the Guru Ravidass Mandir, Jodhewal Basti Chowk and will commence at 12 noon.
- Paddy shortfall blamed for mystery death of procurement officer
- 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief’s son-in-law: cops
- Net widens, police watching three more players, new set of bookies
- Suspected Islamists behead soldier on London street
- Malegaon 2006 case: NIA names four right wing terror suspects
- BJP invokes 'sarcasm, ridicule' against PM