- Former Ranji player held, Sreesanth and others to be produced in court today
- Li Keqiang pitches for more Chinese investments as he backs trade balance
- All eyes on Narendra Modi as BJP set to discuss strategy for Lok Sabha polls
- SC agrees to hear PIL to stay IPL matches due to spot-fixing
- Monstrous tornado rips through US city of Oklahoma, 90 dead
No New year parties after midnight
Ludhiana:City Police Commissioner Ishwar Singh, on Saturday, announced that 'no parties will be allowed after 12 on December 31 and no loudspeakers after 10 pm. No liquor in parties will be served and prior permission is to be taken from Commissioner's officer to organise any party on Dec 31. Singh also said complaints lodged by women will be heard on a priority basis.
Residents protest at ex-councillor's house
Ludhiana:The residents of J block Sarabha Nagar held a protest in front of the house of former councillor Varsha Rampal on Saturday. The protest was after Kripal Singh, who is the former councillor's neighbour, accused Rampal's tenant of misbehaving with him on Friday evening. On Saturday residents and friends of Kripal Singh gathered in front of the house and protested. The former councillor, however, said neighbours often fight "and the matter should not be hyped."
Rehri vendors call off agitation
Ludhiana:With the chairman of the market committee Ajmer Singh Lakhowal threatening to replace striking vendors if they continue with their agitation, the vendors called of their strike on Saturday. Lakhowal also pointed out that fee collection from the rehri and pherri vendors has already been outsourced.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held