- Sreesanth, Jiju Janardhan lived in independently booked rooms: Cops
- India to convey concerns over Ladakh incursion to Chinese Premier
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Imperious Azhar Mahmood powers KXIP to 183
- Rajapaksa slams Tamil diaspora for lack of support in reconciliation process
- 5 differently abled orphan girls beaten, raped in Jaipur residential school
27-yr-old woman killed in RK Puram
New Delhi:A 27-year-old woman was killed by her brother-in-law at their residence in South Delhi's RK Puram area on Friday evening. Police said Mohini was murdered by Ravindra because he thought she was responsible for his unemployment. The incident was reported around 5.30 pm on Friday. "Mohini was cooking when Ravindra began yelling at her. He said she was a bad influence on him and he had remained unemployed because of her. Before she could react, he picked up a meat cleaver and slashed at her," a senior police officer said. Hearing Mohini scream, Ravindra's sister Aanchal came to the kitchen. She saw Ravindra holding the cleaver. He fled after seeing Aanchal, police said. Ravindra was arrested soon after, police said.
No threat to people from NE: Cops
New Delhi:Delhi Police has asked people from the Northeast not to believe messages spreading false rumours about an attack on them after Ramzan. Joint Commissioner of Police Robin Hibu, who is also nodal officer for Northeastern students in the Capital, said the situation was normal and that there was nothing to worry about. "False rumours have been doing the rounds. Do not believe any of those," said Hibu. Senior police officials also held meeting with various groups of the Northeastern states.
DDU Hospital needs upgradation: HC
New Delhi:The Delhi High Court said Deen Dayal Upadhyay Hospital (DDUH) near Tihar Jail needs upgradation to stop inmates from going to other hospitals for treatment. "Upgradation of DDUH is required to stop inmates from going to various other hospitals for treatment," said a bench of justices Gita Mittal and V K Shali, while examining an Army medical board report on repeated visits of the Nitish Katara murder case convicts Vikas and Vishal Yadav to various hospitals from Tihar Jail.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations