- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested
- IPL 2013: Final No.5 for MS Dhoni-led Chennai Super Kings
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: Accused Sreesanth claims innocence
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
50-year-old falls to death from highrise
Gurgaon:A 50-year-old man allegedly committed suicide by jumping from eighth floor of Galaxy Apartments in Sushant Lok late on Tuesday evening. Police said the man has been identified as Ashok Kumar Shekhawat, who was employed with a construction firm in Gurgaon. Officials said a police team went to the spot after a guard informed them of the incident. The body was sent for post-mortem. A senior police officer said Shekhawat had gone to the building to collect money he had lent to some people. "There might have been some altercation that led to the incident. His wife alleged that he was forced to take the extreme step as those people did not return his money," the officer said. Police said a case of abetment to suicide could be registered if charges levelled by Shekhawat's wife are found to be true.
Driver tries to stop thieves, shot at
Ghaziabad:A 50-year-old man was shot at in Ghaziabad, after he tried to stop two persons from stealing a motorcycle on Tuesday. Police said the man has been identified as Kailash Singh, who was recuperating at Columbia Asia Hospital. Police said the incident took place in Kavinagar. "Kailash saw two persons trying to steal a motorcycle. He caught one of them. The other man shot him in the stomach," police said.
'Submit corruption case report on October 4'
New Delhi:A city court gave the Anti-corruption Branch (ACB) more time to submit its status report on a complaint alleging corruption in fitness certificate issued to commercial vehicles. The court asked ACB to submit the report on a complaint by RTI activist Vivek Garg against Sheila Dikshit and Transport Minister Arvinder Singh Lovely on October 4.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held