Arrested youth sings, reveals how Faridkot minor was kidnapped
- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013: Imperious Brad Hodge powers Rajasthan Royals to qualifier
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
A day after he was arrested, Varinder Sharma alias Dalla, a Moga resident and a prime accused in the kidnapping of a minor girl Faridkot, was admitted to a local hospital in Moga on Tuesday.
While sources in the police said that Dalla has made some startling revelations in the case, ADGP (crime) S K Sharma, while refusing to divulge anything, said, "We have certain information, which needs to be corroborated."
As per the police sources, Dalla, who runs a gymnasium in Moga, along with Rajwinder Singh alias Ghali and one Toofani aided main accused Nishan Singh in kidnapping the minor girl from her home on October 24.
Dalla reportedly told the police that a clash broke out when the girl's parents tried to intervene and Ghali, who was arrested from Uttar Pradesh on Monday, opened fire. The group then travelled in a white Ford Ikon car till Moga bypass after which Nishan is said to have left with the girl in a bus.
It has also been learnt that Nishan called Dalla from Taran Taran two days after the kidnap and it is during this period that Kulwinder Kindu and Nishu Chopra, both arrested by Faridkot police on Monday, took some clothes for Shruti to Jalandhar. Ghali, meanwhile, had been living with a farmer in Hardoi district (in UP) all this while. Ghali, it has been learnt, was taken to UP by a Moga-based, identified as Kali, who is also a part of the Nishan Singh gang. Ghali is being brought to Punjab. Dalla has offered to give the details of all the places in Chandigarh where Nishan Singh could be.
Meanwhile, Kindu and Nishu Chopra have been sent to two days police remand even as the police picked up some youths of the area for questioning. ADGP Sharma said, "DGP Sumedh Singh Saini is personally monitoring the investigations and we are trying our best to ensure that the girl is recovered."
- Paddy shortfall blamed for mystery death of procurement officer
- 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief’s son-in-law: cops
- Net widens, police watching three more players, new set of bookies
- Suspected Islamists behead soldier on London street
- Malegaon 2006 case: NIA names four right wing terror suspects
- BJP invokes 'sarcasm, ridicule' against PM