Arthur gives Australia break ahead of Super 8 clash with India
Australia coach Mickey Arthur has given his players a two-day break after their two convincing victories in the T20 World Cup group stage matches against Ireland and West Indies, and keeping in mind their crucial Super Eight clash with India on September 28 in Colombo.
Australia hammered Ireland by seven wickets, and then produced an excellent batting performance to overpower West Indies in a rain-shortened match at Colombo's Premadasa Stadium on Saturday night.
According to the Sydney Morning Herald, Arthur has already sent some members of the squad departed on Sunday for sightseeing trip to the southern city of Galle.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations