Arun Jaitley convinced I am innocent, says P J Kurien
- India to convey concerns over Ladakh incursion to Chinese Premier
- IPL spot-fixing case: Delhi Police to trace money trail in four cities
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Mumbai Indians bowl, Sachin Tendulkar misses out
- Rajapaksa slams Tamil diaspora for lack of support in reconciliation process
- 5 differently abled orphan girls beaten, raped in Jaipur residential school
"It was done because I had filed a Rs 25-lakh defamation suit against the girl and then chief minister (E K Nayanar who edited party mouthpiece Deshabhimani that had listed him as an accused). I won the case in lower court. They went for appeal in the high court. Then Nayanar passed away. I had to sue the girl alone and so I withdrew the case," he said.
"Three inquiries, one during UDF and two during LDF regime, exonerated me. The SC examined the issue twice and ruled in my favour. This (latest allegations) is just an attempt to tarnish me and pressure me into resigning. Why should I? There is nothing against me. Somebody will benefit if I resign," he said.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations