Arun Jaitley warns CBI on cases against Gujarat leaders, police
- IPL spot-fixing: Chennai Super Kings owner's kin under police scanner
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Rajasthan Royals
- Jessica Lall murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- BCCI was forced to encash Pune Warriors' bank guarantee: Sanjay Jagdale
Leader of Opposition in Rajya Sabha Arun Jaitley warned the CBI saying that those involved in the "conspiracy" against Gujarat's politicians and top policemen would have to give answers in future.
"Misuse of CBI is a part of conspiracy of the Central government against Gujarat's leadership and the Gujarat police force," Jaitley said, addressing a gathering where Chief Minister Narendra Modi started his month-long election campaign.
"Governments come and go...they do not stay eternally. Those who are involved in the conspiracy should remember that they will have to give answer for their actions in future," Jaitley said.
Recently, CBI named former Gujarat Minister of State for Home Amit Shah, former DGP P C Pande, former ADGP O P Mathur, and IGP Geetha Johri in the Tulsiram Prajapati fake encounter case.
"The cases filed against political leadership and top policemen is an utter misuse of CBI and they (cases) cannot stand up in any court of law," said the senior BJP leader, who is also an eminent lawyer. "The Central government is misusing CBI time and again against the Gujarat's political leadership and top police officials."
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow