Aruna Chaddha’s bail plea rejected
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
The bail application filed by Aruna Chaddha, an accused in the Geetika Sharma suicide case, was dismissed by a city court on Monday.
District and Sessions Judge S K Sarvaria dismissed the bail plea after hearing arguments presented by advocate Ramesh Gupta and Additional Public Prosecutor Rajiv Mohan.
The court took note of Gupta's argument that his client was a woman and single mother, and was not likely to influence the probe since the chargesheet has already been filed. The prosecution pointed out that Chaddha had constantly threatened Geetika and her previous conduct raised the apprehension that being a senior employee of MDLR Chaddha might tamper with the evidence and influence witnesses.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet