Arushi: Talwars’ plea against additional documents rejected
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested
- IPL 2013: Final No.5 for MS Dhoni-led Chennai Super Kings
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: Accused Sreesanth claims innocence
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
The Allahabad High Court on Thursday rejected the application of Rajesh Talwar and Nupur Talwar, parents of slain Noida teenager Arushi Talwar, in which they had challenged the CBI's move to file "additional documents" in connection with the murder trial they are undergoing.
The Talwar couple is currently facing prosecution for alleged murders of Arushi and that of domestic help Hemraj.
In their application, the Talwars had primarily objected to the submission of a clarification letter from the Centre for DNA Fingerprinting and Diagnostics, Hyderabad. The letter mentioned about a typographical error in numbering the forensic samples recovered from the rooms of Hemraj and Krishna, who was at one point an accused in the case but now stands discharged.
Passing the order, a single judge bench of Justice Sunil Hali said: "Filing of this document cannot be construed as additional document, but only change of version by a witness whose report has been placed by the prosecution at the time of filing of the chargesheet."
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune guarantee, Sahara walks out of IPL
- 'Sree spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry'
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow