Arvind Kejriwal's party to make electoral foray with Delhi polls
Arvind Kejriwal's new party, which is likely to be announced next week, will have youths in leadership position and will enter electoral fray with Delhi polls before contesting all seats in next Lok Sabha elections.
Addressing a meeting of students and youths, Kejriwal said, "We will contest from across the country. But before that we will first fight the Delhi Assembly elections. People will select the candidates and they will fund the election expenses."
If the party wins power, he said, the first thing they will do will be the enactment of Jan Lokpal Bill.
He also asked students to form groups in every college in the national capital. However, he said the party will not have separate students' wing.
"30-40 per cent of those in leadership will be youth," he said at the meeting held yesterday.
Kejriwal also said an internal Lokpal will be appointed in the party to look into complaints against party members.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune guarantee, Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95 lakh on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry and paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow