ASEAN farmers visit PAU under exchange programme
- Rs 20L seized from Ajit Chandila relative's home, another ex-cricketer held
- India and China ask SRs to work on more border steps
- Can't charge man with rape over consensual sex even if marriage eludes: Supreme Court
- Saudi Arabian authorities refuse to accept new Indian passports
- FIR filed against Facebook for not discontinuing hate page
The members of the delegation visited Museum of Rural History of Punjab, College of Home Science and Crop Museum
A 27-member delegation from ASEAN (Association of Southeast Asian Nations) countries visited Punjab Agricultural University on Tuesday.
The delegation comprised one agricultural officer and two farmers each from Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand and Vietnam. Their visit has been sponsored by the Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR), New Delhi, under ASEAN-India exchange programme.
The members of the delegation visited Museum of Rural History of Punjab, College of Home Science and Crop Museum at the Department of Plant Breeding and Genetics. They also visited the research farm of the university to see various crops and interacted with the university scientists.
Dr H S Sehgal, additional director of communication, Centre for Communication and International Linkages, gave them a brief account of the infrastructure, human resource, academic programmes, research accomplishments and ongoing research and transfer of technology programmes of the university.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- Manmohan-Li talks: PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in 'friendly fire'