Asha Bhosle visits city to promote debut film Mai
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
Playback singer Asha Bhosle was in Pune on Sunday to promote her debut film Mai. The Mahesh Kodiyal-directed film also stars Padmini Kolhapure, Ram Kapoor and Anupam Kher, among others.
While 79-year-old Bhosle made her playback singing debut when she was 10, the film will see Bhosle play the lead role of a mother.
"I have been on TV before and so there was no fear of being in front of the camera. I think singing has been harder for me than acting in this film. I spend hours on riyaaz and practise the song before recording. However, nowadays we can record songs in bits. Earlier, they were recorded in one take," she said.
Addressing a press meet at Cinemax, Inorbit Mall on Nagar Road here as part of a promotional event, she said it was here that she was approached for the film.
"I was in Pune for a show when the makers of the film narrated me the story, which I liked. I remember calling my mother Mai," said Bhosle.
Bhosle recalled that when she joined the film industry, she got offers to act but she turned them down. "I did not expect that I would get offers to act at that age," she said.
On the experience with her co-actors, she said it was easier as she was acquainted with some of them. "It was only when I was facing Anupamji I was a little nervous," she said.
Bhosle said though she had a great experience shooting, she still intends to focus on music. "Music is my life even now," she said.
However, her opinion on remixes is different. "I don't like remixes but I made some of them because others take advantage of it. My song Chura Liya was remixed by 50-odd people and I thought I might as well do it myself," she said.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in ‘friendly fire’