Ashwin and Kohli achieve career-best ICC Test rankings
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Michael Hussey, Suresh Raina propel Chennai Super Kings
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: How Sreesanth splurged money on girlfriend
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
Indian off-spinner Ravichandran Ashwin today broke into the top 20 of ICC's Test Rankings for the first time at a career-best 18th spot after guiding the team to a series whitewash over New Zealand at home.
The 25-year-old from Chennai, who took five for 69 in New Zealand's second innings in the second Test at Bangalore, jumped seven places on the chart.
The off-spinner finished the two-match Test series with 18 wickets, and gained 26 places on the bowlers' table through the course of the series, as India defeated New Zealand 2-0.
Ashwin, who was named player of the series, also achieved a career-high rating of 591.
Ashwin's team-mate, Pragyan Ojha, ended with a match haul of seven for 148 and moved up a place to 14th, which is his career-best ranking. Ojha's overall rating of 675 is also his best-ever rating.
For New Zealand, fast bowler Tim Southee, who returned career-best figures of seven for 64 in India's first innings, has jumped 10 places to 40th. His overall rating of 432 is also his career-best to date, the ICC said in a statement.
India pace bowlers Zaheer Khan (15th) and Umesh Yadav (48th) slipped a place each.
New Zealand bowlers, who dropped in the latest rankings are Doug Bracewell in 30th (down by one), James Franklin in 49th (down by five) and Trent Boult in 69th (down by six).
The rankings for Test bowlers is still headed by South Africa's Dale Steyn, with teammate Vernon Philander and Saeed Ajmal of Pakistan in second and third positions, respectively.
The two centurions in the Bangalore Test, New Zealand captain Ross Taylor and India's Virat Kohli, made upward movements in the batting chart. Kohli, who scored 103 and 51 not out, has vaulted 12 places to achieve a career-best ranking of 35. His overall rating of 580 is also a career-best for the batsman.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held