Ashwin the batsman delays the inevitable
- Sreesanth, Jiju Janardhan lived in independently booked rooms: Cops
- India to convey concerns over Ladakh incursion to Chinese Premier
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Maxwell falls early in stiff run-chase
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
- Rajapaksa slams Tamil diaspora for lack of support in reconciliation process
On Twitter, this tongue-in-cheek comment quickly went viral: "If Ashwin could bowl, he'd be a decent allrounder." That seemed harsh, considering Ashwin has just equaled Jack Gregory and Ian Botham as the fastest ever to 500 runs and 50 wickets in Tests.
But it did contain a grain of truth. In this series, Ashwin has taken just nine wickets at an average of 60.11. His ineffectiveness on a helpful track in Mumbai and in England's first innings here has contributed significantly towards India being on the verge of going 1-2 behind in the series.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations