ASI cremated after son returns from Australia
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Regular wickets put Pune Warriors on top
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
- Afghan Prez to seek Indian military aid amid Pakistan row
The body of ASI Ravinderpal Singh was on Friday cremated after his son Navpreet Singh returned from Australia.
The ASI's daughter Robanjit and Navpreet jointly lit the pyre in the outskirts of Rampura village.
The only prominent leaders from SAD who attended the cremation were Attari MLA Gulzar Singh Ranike and party leader Vir Singh Lopoke.
While a number of Congress leaders from the region were among those who attended the cremation, BJP was represented by Dr Navjot Kaur Sidhu, Laxmi Kanta Chawla and Mayor Bakshi Ram Arora.
Navpreet, who works in a factory in Australia, said he learnt about the death of his father through a media report.
His family had initially told him that his father was in a critical condition, following which, he left for India.
Responding to a media query, Navpreet said his sister will join as a sub-inspector in the Punjab Police.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet