ASI’s daughter waits for his return, father wants killer shot dead in public
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
Grief writ large on his face, 70-year-old Harbans Singh, father of ASI Ravinderpal Singh, has only one wish — the murderer of his son be shot dead at the same place in public.
The daughter of the slain ASI, after coming to Rampura village from Amritsar — where she had gone for treatment after bullet pellets hit her hand in Wednesday's attack — was inconsolable and hoped that her father would return.
"He was cold when I touched his body. Give him some blanket. Why is he not returning? My papa is very tall and handsome and stands out among the crowd. He tells me that I am not his daughter, but a son. What answer would I give to Goldy (her brother in Australia) who had left papa under my care?" the girl spoke incessantly amid her cries.
After her father was shot at on Wednesday, the girl had tried to shield him from further assault, but was attacked by the assailants.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in 'friendly fire'