Assets case: Ajmer SP, aide in custody, ASP still on the run
- IPL spot-fixing: Chennai Super Kings owner's kin under police scanner
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Rajasthan Royals
- Jessica Lall murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- BCCI was forced to encash Pune Warriors' bank guarantee: Sanjay Jagdale
Ajmer superintendent of police Rajesh Meena, who was recently arrested in a disproportionate assets case, has been remanded in 15 days judicial custody while his aide Ramdev Singh has been taken into custody by the Anti-Corruption Bureau for three days.
Meanwhile, Meena's subordinate, additional SP Lokesh Sonwal, has gone absconding ever since Meena was arrested late Wednesday night. The ACB tried to look for him at his residence and other places but could not locate him. The ACB now suspects a possible nexus between senior and junior police officials in the district and is probing this aspect.
The Bureau will interrogate SHOs from whom collections were allegedly made by Meena and on the basis of their statements, charges will be framed.
Meena was suspended Thursday and a police medal that was slated to be awarded to him on Republic Day will no longer be given.
His lawyer asked the district and sessions court if he could be transferred to the Jaipur jail citing security reasons, but the request was turned down. His counsel said Meena faced a threat in Ajmer jail because it houses many inmates arrested by him.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow