Aston Villa stuns Liverpool with 3-1 win
- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013: Imperious Brad Hodge powers Rajasthan Royals to qualifier
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
Aston Villa brought Liverpool's recent resurgence in the Premier League to a crashing end by winning 3-1 at Anfield Saturday, lifting the visitors away from the relegation zone.
Belgium international Christian Benteke was Villa's star performer, scoring in each half and setting up fellow striker Andreas Weimann with an outrageous backheel for the other goal that made it 2-0 at halftime.
Steven Gerrard grabbed a late consolation for Liverpool but the result made a mockery of manager Brendan Rodgers' pre-match assertion that his team could challenge for a top-two spot this season.
Liverpool, which had been looking for a third straight win for the first time in two seasons, stayed in mid-table _ four points above Villa.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow