Atal Bihari Vajpayee-led NDA was better than UPA: SP
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
A day after the DMK pulled out of the UPA government, its outside supporter Samajwadi Party today said the former NDA dispensation was "more cohesive" and Atal Bihari Vajpayee's style of functioning better.
"The style of functioning of Atal Bihari Vajpayee, I would say, was better than this present (UPA) government. I would say NDA's coalition was more cohesive," SP General Secretary Ram Gopal Yadav said here.
"NDA's coalition was led by Vajpayee and he was a big personality. Other leaders in the coalition such as L K Advani are one of the biggest leaders of the country," he told a TV channel when asked to compare the style of functioning of NDA and UPA coalitions.
Recently, Union Steel Minister Beni Prasad Verma had accused SP Chief Mulayam Singh Yadav of having links with terrorists and taking commission from Congress for providing outside support.
Asked to react on Verma's fresh allegations that the SP was taking commission to support the UPA, SP supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav told reporters outside Parliament that, "They (Congress) should say how much commission they have paid me."
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in ‘friendly fire’