Athavale visits Thackeray residence
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested in Mumbai
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings
- Just in: Pune Warriors withdraw from the Indian Premier League
- Li Keqiang pitches for more Chinese investments as he backs trade balance
- Supreme Court rules out ban on IPL matches, slams BCCI over spot-fixing
Visits by state leaders to the residence of the Thackeray family to enquire about the health of the father-son duo continued on Saturday. Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray has been ailing for the past few days and his son and Sena Executive President Uddhav Thackeray will undergo an angioplasty in the next two days.
Republican Party of India (RPI) leader Ramdas Athavale, who has formed an alliance with the BJP and the Shiv Sena, visited the Thackeray residence, Matoshree, on Saturday. '
"I could not meet Balasaheb as he was sleeping. I spoke to Uddhav and he has said Balasaheb was feeling much better," Athavale said.
Many Sena leaders also thronged the Thackeray residence. Uddhav Thackeray will be admitted to Lilavati Hospital for his angioplasty. "The procedure will be done on Sunday or Monday," said a senior Sena leader.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held