Australia consumer sentiment suffers surprise dip in Dec
The breakdown of the survey also showed some odd divergences, with women far gloomier than men.
The sentiment index for females fell 10 percent in the month, while that for men rose by 2.4 percent.
There was a similar split in responses by voting intention.
Sentiment among supporters of the Labor government rose strongly in the month, while that among opposition supporters plunged.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune guarantee, Sahara walks out of IPL
- 'Sree spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry'
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow