Automobile industry fumes as Budget 2013 turns SUVs, imported cars costlier
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
However, excise duty on truck chassis is proposed to go down to 13 per cent from 14 per cent.
To boost manufacturing of environment-friendly vehicles, Chidambaram proposed to continue and extend the currently available concessions on specified parts of electric and hybrid vehicles till March 31, 2015.
In Budget for 2012-13, the excise duty on specified parts of hybrid vehicles was reduced to 6 per cent from 10 per cent.
Excise duty on lithium ion battery packs for electric or hybrid vehicles was also cut to 6 per cent from 10 per cent.
Besides, the full exemption from basic customs duty and special CVD with concessional excise duty or CVD of 6 per cent on some parts of hybrid vehicles was extended to specified additional items and lithium ion batteries imported to make battery packs for electric or hybrid vehicle.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations