Autorickshaw gang busted, three held with stolen items
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
The Ahmedabad Detection of Crime Branch (DCB) on Sunday busted a four-member gang that allegedly looted women and senior citizens passengers in a shared autorickshaw.
The three members of the group were arrested from a local jewellery store where they had reportedly come to sell stolen goods. The accused were identified as Mehboob Gafoor Sheikh, Firoz Ali Sheikh and Mohmmmad Khalil Pathan, all are natives of Baranbaki in UP. The gang's fourth member, Irfan is absconding.
The DCB officials said the gang had come to sell the stolen gold and silver jewellery at Daksha Jewellers at Govardhan party plot.
Police also seized 200 grams of gold worth Rs 5 lakhs and 300 grams of silver worth Rs 27,000, officials said.
According to the DCB, the accused ran a shuttle auto rickshaw service and targeted women and senior citizens. While one drove the auto, the others pretended to be passengers and robbed the victims of their jewellery by threatening them at knife point.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet