Ayurved for Cancer meet on Nov 3-4
- IPL spot-fixing: Chennai Super Kings owner's kin under police scanner
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Rajasthan Royals
- Jessica Lall murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- BCCI was forced to encash Pune Warriors' bank guarantee: Sanjay Jagdale
The 4th international 'Ayurved for Cancer' conference will be held on November 3 and 4 at the Integrated Cancer Treatment and Research Centre in Wagholi. Anil Kakodkar, nuclear scientist and former chairman of the Atomic Energy Commission, will inaugurate the conference.
As part of the project undertaken by Bharatiya Sanskriti Darshan Trust's Ayurveda hospital and research centre, more than 5,000 cancer patients have been treated at its Solapur, Kolhapur and Gurgaon centres. Though cancer cannot be completely cured by ayurvedic treatment, the project aims at improving the quality of life of a cancer patient, said chairman of the project Prof S P Sardeshmukh in a statement issued here.
Former Director of Tata Hospital Dr Prafulla Desai and oncosurgeons like Dr V N Shrikhande, Dr S K Shrivastav and others will be attending the conference. Research papers and posters of integrated cancer treatment and research centre will be presented at the meet including those of Dr Horst Poehllmann from Australia, Dr Geoffrey Morell from American and other cancer specialists.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow