B S Yeddyurappa and sons appear before CBI Court
Former Karnataka Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa and his family members today appeared before a CBI court here in connection with a case of alleged kickback in illegal mining.
Along with Yeddyurappa, his sons - Lok Sabha member B Y Raghavendra and B Y Vijayendra, son-in-law R N Sohan Kumar and former minister Krishnaiah Setty appeared before Principal Judge D A Venkat Sudarshan, who adjourned the case till May 15.
On January 29, the court had directed Yeddyurappa and other accused to appear before it without fail. Special Public Prosecutor Sudarshan had earlier opposed the exemption applications filed by Yeddyurappa and sought time to clarify and furnish copies of certain statements sought by the accused.
On December 10, the court had granted bail to all the 13 accused while imposing certain conditions, including directing them to furnish a personal bond of Rs two lakh each and surety of like sum.
CBI had filed a charge sheet in October last year against the accused, including senior vice-president of a Bellary- based private steel company and five Bellary based firms,besides a Shimoga based Trust run by the family of Yeddyurappa for alleged abuse of official position and corruption
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune guarantee, Sahara walks out of IPL
- 'Sree spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry'
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow