Babri case: NBW issued against SP MP, ex-MLA
- IPL spot-fixing: Chennai Super Kings owner's kin under police scanner
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Rajasthan Royals
- Jessica Lall murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- BCCI was forced to encash Pune Warriors' bank guarantee: Sanjay Jagdale
A Special CBI court hearing the Babri Masjid demolition case on Monday issued non-bailable warrants against SP MP Brij Bhushan Sharan Singh and former MLA Pawan Pandey, both accused in the case, after they failed to appear before the court in Lucknow on Monday.
CBI Counsel Lalit Kumar Singh said that neither did any counsel appear on their behalf nor any exemption/ adjournment application was submitted in the court on Monday, as a result of which prosecution evidence could not be recorded.
Special Judge, CBI, Shashi Mauli Tiwari fixed December 22 as the next date for hearing.
The process of recording evidences of witness is going on in the court.
Lalit Kumar Singh said that on Monday prosecution witness Sudhir Kumar Srivastava appeared before the court.
According to the prosecution, Singh and Pandey are among those chargesheeted in the Babri Masjid demolition case. Singh is sitting MP from Kaiserganj constituency in Uttar Pradesh.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow