Babri Masjid demolition anniversary: Security beefed up in Ayodhya and Faizabad
- IPL spot-fixing: Chennai Super Kings owner's kin under police scanner
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Rajasthan Royals
- Jessica Lall murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- BCCI was forced to encash Pune Warriors' bank guarantee: Sanjay Jagdale
Security has been tightened in the twin towns of Ayodhya and Faizabad ahead of the 20th anniversary of Babri Masjid demolition, with nearly 10,000 police personnel pressed into service to manage law and order.
State police, Rapid Action Force (RAF) and Provincial Armed Constabulary (PAC) personnel have been deployed at all key locations, besides a company of PAC for round-the-clock guarding of Saryu waters to prevent entry of any anti-social element through the river route.
"We are in regular touch with the responsible and peace loving persons of both the communities for maintenance of peace in the twin towns," SSP Dharmendra Singh said, giving details of security arrangements.
The local administration has encircled Ayodhya and Faizabad in a 3-tier security cordon that includes 4 zones, 9 sectors and 14 sub-sectors to be manned by additional Sps, deputy SPs, Inspectors and sub-inspectors respectively.
Two dozens CCTV cameras have been installed across Ayodhya to a keep close watch on movements, and entry to the city is being allowed only after complete security check, Singh said.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow