Baby girl born at 12:12 hours on 12-12-12 at Khagaria hospital
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
Coinciding with the special day - 12:12:12, a baby girl was born at 12 minutes past noon today at the Sadar hospital in Bihar's Khagaria district to bring cheers to the doctors, hospital staffers and the parents.
The infant girl was delivered through cesarean section by a 12-member medical team at exactly 12 minutes past noon to make the delivery a significant event as the girl will have five 12s in her birth day, the Sadar hospital civil surgeon B.K. Sharma said.
The girl was born to Simmi Kumari who was admitted for delivery a few days back and was operated by a medical team comprising 12 doctors and nurses after she developed complications at the fag end of her pregnancy, he said.
The Civil Surgeon said that he wished the girl a happy and successful life and will write to the centre recommending for incentives under the National Rural Health Mission (NRHM) to the newborn during her long life in view significance of timing of her birth.
The girl's father Sanjay Kumar said that he was pleasantly surprised with the fact that his daughter was born on this date, but was more relieved that she and her mother were hale and hearty.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet