Baby girl seriously injured after father throws her from top of building
In a shocker, a one-and-a-half-year-old girl was seriously injured after being allegedly thrown from the top of a building by her father who has been arrested, police said.
Superintendent of Police Y S Ravikumar said the man Ramesh had been torturing the baby after birth and tried to kill her, as he wished for a boy.
He also had allegedly inflicted injuries with cigarette butt on the baby and his wife had not mustered courage to protest the torture till he dropped the infant from a building yesterday, police said.
The baby has been admitted to a hospital and her condition is stated to be serious, police said.
After the locals informed police, he was arrested on the charge of battering his daughter and a local court remanded him to judicial custody,sources added.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune guarantee, Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95 lakh on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry and paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow