Backward caste woman gangraped in front of kids
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
A backward caste woman was allegedly gangraped by three persons at gunpoint in front of her two children in Jind district of Haryana on Friday.
The accused recorded the incident on a mobile phone and circulated the MMS. The police failed to arrest the accused till Wednesday, when the victim, who belongs to Khati community, and her husband threatened to immolate themselves at the office of Jind SP, and also informed the media.
The police then booked Sandeep, Suraj Ilyas and an unidentified person for the crime, and arrested Suraj and Sandeep's father Azad. They are yet to trace Sandeep and the unidentified accused.
This comes a week after a 16-year-old Dalit girl was gangraped in Hisar, and the MMS of the rape circulated by the accused, following which the victim's father committed suicide.
In Friday's case, the police said the incident took place in Badoli village. The victim, a housewife in her mid-thirties, was serving lunch to her children when the three accused forcibly entered her house and raped her. Her husband, a mason, was not home.
Jind SP Saurabh Singh said: "Two persons have been arrested, while two are yet to be arrested. The police are conducting raids in and around Jind. We shall nab the absconding criminals soon."
"The victim's children witnessed the crime. All the three accused raped the woman, one after the other. Initial investigations have revealed the accused were known to the victim's husband and nursing a grudge against him over some dispute," said one of the police officers investigating the case.
"However, this is yet to be verified. Prime accused Sandeep has a criminal record. His father has been arrested for harbouring him. Those arrested are being interrogated. The victim's statement does not mention the accused raped her at gunpoint but she is claiming this in front of the media. We will verify these allegations."
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet