Bad weather forces Rahul Gandhi to put off Amethi visit
- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013: Imperious Brad Hodge powers Rajasthan Royals to qualifier
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
The scheduled visit of Rahul Gandhi on Tuesday to his parliamentary constituency of Amethi for the first time as Congress vice president has been postponed due to inclement weather, party sources said.
"The two-day tour (by Rahul) has been postponed and will now start from Thursday," party spokesman Akhilesh Pratap Singh said. The region has received quite a bit of rain since last evening.
The Congress vice president has apologised to the people of his constituency for the inconvenience caused by the postponement, Singh added.
Elaborate arrangements had been made to give Rahul a grand welcome for his first visit to Amethi since his elevation.
- Paddy shortfall blamed for mystery death of procurement officer
- 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief’s son-in-law: cops
- Net widens, police watching three more players, new set of bookies
- Suspected Islamists behead soldier on London street
- Malegaon 2006 case: NIA names four right wing terror suspects
- BJP invokes 'sarcasm, ridicule' against PM