Badal attacks Cong on chopper deal
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested in Mumbai
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Chennai Super Kings bat, Sachin Tendulkar still out
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: How Sreesanth splurged money on girlfriend
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
Starting his campaign for Moga bypoll after brief illness, Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Thursday slammed the Congress-led UPA government for the helicopter deal with Italian company AgustaWestland.
"The latest scam of the UPA, in which Rs 350 crore were received as bribes, has proved that Congress does not hesitate in putting the security of the nation on stake for money. Congress has plagued people with scams, corruption and inflation and the recent expose of the Italian chopper deal has confirmed it further," said Badal.
Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal too launched a direct attack on UPA Chairperson Sonia Gandhi. "If all UPA scams are probed properly, all will have an Italian connection."
Citing many parallels between the Bofors gun deal and the chopper purchase, he said: "Like Bofors scam, here too, if the bribe-giver had been caught, then why not the bribe-taker be identified? Scams, scandals and corruption have become the defining feature of the UPA and if these are probed properly, these would lead to the doorsteps of 10, Janpath."
Showing his solidarity with SAD candidate Joginderpal Jain, the chief minister said: "Jain has sacrificed his seat for the welfare of the people of Moga and his sacrifice should not go waste. Captain (Amarinder Singh) is no one to question his loyalty." He also appealed to the people to make Jain victorious by a 'huge margin' and make him a part of SAD government.
He added: "A sangat darshan progammes will be held immediately in Moga after announcements of the results to address the grievances of the people."
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held