Badal slams Centre for delay in paddy lifting from mandis
- IPL spot-fixing case: Delhi Police to trace money trail in four cities
- PM-level talks: India to convey concerns over Ladakh incursion to Chinese Premier
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Kings XI Punjab vs Mumbai Indians
- Rajapaksa slams Tamil diaspora for lack of support in reconciliation process
- Karnataka CM Siddaramaiah inducts 28 ministers, keeps tainted away
Cheif Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Tuesday said the delay in paddy lifting from mandis was because of the limited storage capacity available with the Centre, and the state could not do anything without the approval of the Centre. So whatever problems were being encountered in paddy lifting were due to the faulty policies of the Centre.
The CM made this statement while inaugurating the Verka Express constructed at a cost of Rs 1 crore on Ferozepur road.
On tension in Sirsa followed by curfew, he said that peace would be maintained in Punjab and no one would be allowed to take law in their hands.
Once again rejecting FDI in multi-brand retail, Badal said that it would ruin small traders and businessmen.
Ajmer Singh Bhagpur, chairman of Verka milk plant, said Verka Express would have food products prepared by Verka and also the varieties available in Indian and continental restaurants apart from a play area for kids as well.
PWD Minister Sharanjeet Singh Dhillon asked the dairy farmers to avail the subsidies available to them and told them to involve their younger generation in dairy business.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations