Badal urges Ramesh to expedite rural link roads project
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Wednesday urged Union Rural Development Minister Jairam Ramesh to ensure the speedy completion of all formalities related to the construction of rural link roads under the Pradhan Mantri Gramin Sadak Yojna (PMGSY) Phase-XI for Punjab. During his meeting with Ramesh, Badal demanded that Rs 31 crore should be released under Phase IV of Integrated Watershed Management Program for Kandi Development and another Rs 91 crore under NREGA.
Book on tenancy laws hits the stand in HP
Shimla: Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh on Wednesday released a book titled Commentary on the HP Tenancy and Land Reforms Act, which deals with deals with the crucial subject of the tenancy law that bars non-Himachalis to buy agricultural land in the state. The book has been authored by high court lawyer Abhishek Barowalia, the son of former principal secretary (Law) J N Barowalia. "Apart from dealing with the provisions of the Tenancy and Land Reforms Act in an elaborate manner, the author has not refrained from airing his views, based on extensive research, on Section 118 of the Act," said J N Barowalia.
Burglars flee from PNB ATM with Rs 8 lakh
HOSHIARPUR: Burglars broke open a Punjab National Bank ATM at Sham Churasi in Hoshiarpur district on the wee hours of Wednesday and decamped with Rs 8.80 lakh. While the ATM is located right next to the bank, the officials came to know about the incident when they reached the bank in the morning. According to the police, a gas cutter had been used to break open the machine. While the CCTV camera installed at the ATM was also found to be out of order, the bank had not deployed any security guard to keep vigil at night. A case has been registered against unidentified persons.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet