Bail denied to cop, aide in corruption case
- Sreesanth, Jiju Janardhan lived in independently booked rooms: Cops
- India to convey concerns over Ladakh incursion to Chinese Premier
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Imperious Azhar Mahmood powers KXIP to 183
- Rajapaksa slams Tamil diaspora for lack of support in reconciliation process
- 5 differently abled orphan girls beaten, raped in Jaipur residential school
A Special CBI court on Monday dismissed the bail application filed by the aide of a sub-inspector with the UT Economic Offences Wing. Both of them are accused in a corruption case.
Special CBI Judge Vimal Kumar dismissed the bail application filed by Som Nath Aneja on the gravity of offence and also as the investigations were in the initial stages. The court, in its order, said that as the investigation was still in the initial stages, the possibility of the accused tampering with evidence cannot be ruled out.
The accused, Aneja and Naveen Sharma, have been sent to judicial custody and the matter will come up for resumed hearing on October 6. The duo were arrested on September 5 following a complaint received by the CBI from Sukhbir Singh Shergill alleging that Sharma had demanded a bribe of Rs 10 lakh for facilitating the bail of his wife in a company fraud case which Sharma was investigating.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations