Bajaj Auto motorcycle sales down 10%
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
India's second largest two-wheeler maker Bajaj Auto today reported 9.97 per cent fall in motorcycle sales at 3,04,352 units in August.
The company had sold 3,38,054 units in the same month last year, Bajaj Auto Ltd (BAL) said in a statement.
It said exports also fell by 4.82 per cent during the month at 1,31,562 units compared to 1,38,225 units in August 2011, it added.
In the three-wheeler category, the company said its sales stood at 40,554 units as against 44,685 units in the same month last year, a dip of 9.24 per cent.
Total vehicle sales of the company in the last month stood at 3,44,906 units compared to 3,82,739 units in the same period a year ago, a decline of 9.88 per cent, the statement said.
Stocks More on Bajaj Auto
Company INFO More on Bajaj Auto
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations