Bal Thackeray's health: Chavan monitoring law and order situation
- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013: Imperious Brad Hodge powers Rajasthan Royals to qualifier
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan has been continuously monitoring law and order situation in the state in view of the deteriorating health of Shiv Sena patriarch Bal Thackeray.
"Last night, Chavan held a high-level meeting with the chief secretary and top police officers. Since this morning, he is in constant touch with family members of the Sena chief," official sources said.
Chavan has not taken up any other engagements, they said.
Meanwhile, Sena spokesman Sanjay Raut said Thackeray was not on life support system at present. "Life support system was required last night but not today," he said.
No health bulletin regarding the Sena patriarch's condition has been issued so far.
- Paddy shortfall blamed for mystery death of procurement officer
- 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief’s son-in-law: cops
- Net widens, police watching three more players, new set of bookies
- Suspected Islamists behead soldier on London street
- Malegaon 2006 case: NIA names four right wing terror suspects
- BJP invokes 'sarcasm, ridicule' against PM