Ballotin: Dhumal bending rules for son: Birender
- IPL spot-fixing: Chennai Super Kings owner's kin under police scanner
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Rajasthan Royals
- Jessica Lall murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- BCCI was forced to encash Pune Warriors' bank guarantee: Sanjay Jagdale
AICC General Secretary and in-charge for Himachal Pradesh Birender Singh on Wednesday alleged that in the name of cricket and due to love for his son, Anurag Thakur, Chief Minister Prem Kumar Dhumal has bent rules to favour the BCCI. " It has been father, son and cricket all the way in the past five year BJP rule in Himachal," he said. Asserting that the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) is a private organisation, Birender said: "If the BCCI can give funds for stadium construction, why can't it foot the bill for land? Under the garb of the stadium, the Dhumal government has bought land from the poor, which is illegal."
Come clean on graft charges: BJP to Virbhadra
New Delhi: BJP on Wednesday flayed Himachal Pradesh Congress chief Virbhadra Singh for threatening to break cameras of mediapersons, saying he should instead worry about the "message" of his alleged involvement in corruption. Asking Virbhadra to come clean before the public, BJP leader Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi said that by "attacking the media, he cannot escape from the corruption charges". "Instead of attacking the messengers, he should worry about the message which is very clear about his involvement in corruption," he said.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow