Bandh disrupts normal life in Tripura
- Sreesanth, Jiju Janardhan lived in independently booked rooms: Cops
- India to convey concerns over Ladakh incursion to Chinese Premier
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Imperious Azhar Mahmood powers KXIP to 183
- Rajapaksa slams Tamil diaspora for lack of support in reconciliation process
- 5 differently abled orphan girls beaten, raped in Jaipur residential school
Normal life was disrupted on the first day of two day strike called by central trade unions in Left Front-ruled Tripura today. Shops and markets were closed, as were schools, colleges,banks and financial institutions.
Private buses and taxis were off the roads and train service came to a standstill in the state. CITU workers staged a dharna on the train lines at the Agartala railways station. Flight operations were, however,normal. The police said the situation was peaceful in the state.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations