Bangalore: 11-year-old girl set ablaze by 9 people succumbs to burn injuries
- India to convey concerns over Ladakh incursion to Chinese Premier
- IPL spot-fixing case: Delhi Police to trace money trail in four cities
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Mumbai Indians bowl, Sachin Tendulkar misses out
- Rajapaksa slams Tamil diaspora for lack of support in reconciliation process
- 5 differently abled orphan girls beaten, raped in Jaipur residential school
An 11-year-old girl, who was set ablaze by nine persons while she was on her way to school yesterday, has succumbed to burn injuries at a hospital, police said.
The fifth standard girl breathed her last at the state run Victoria hospital on Saturday afternoon, they said.
All the nine were arrested yesterday and remanded to 14 days judicial custody.
Personal enmity with the girl's father was suspected to be the reason for the attack.
Meanwhile Youth Congress activists staged a dharna in front of the hospital, demanding action against the culprits.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations