Bank duped of Rs 13.5 lakh
- IPL spot-fixing: Chennai Super Kings owner's kin under police scanner
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Rajasthan Royals
- Jessica Lall murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- BCCI was forced to encash Pune Warriors' bank guarantee: Sanjay Jagdale
UT Police registered a case on the complaint of Sunil Kumar, Chief Manager, Federal Bank, Sector 8 who alleged that Sumit Bhatia, a resident of Sector 50, Ranvir Singh, a resident of Sector 46, Castle Toyota M/s ANR Motor Private Limited, Amritsar, Sarit Murgi a resident of Zirakpur, Vikram Jain, a resident of Sector 22 and three more women had duped the bank of cash worth Rs 13.5 lakh. The accused had allegedly taken a loan for a car from the Federal Bank and another bank at the same time. The police is yet to make arrests and is investigating.
3 arrested for theft
Chandigarh: The Crime Branch of the Chandigarh police arrested a gang of three persons on Friday night who were involved in thefts in the city. A special drive was launched by the Crime Branch in the wake of a spurt of incidents of general theft and burglary in the city. With the arrest of the three accused, the police has solved five cases of thefts and burglaries. From the three accused, the police has recovered articles worth Rs one lakh.
2 policemen awarded for nabbing thieves
Chandigarh: Two UT Police officials were awarded by the Inspector General of Police (IGP), RP Upadhyaya, after they arrested thieves who had broken the locks of a house in Malloya on Friday night. Constable Charanjit Singh and Home Guard Volunteer Balkar Singh were awarded with commendation certificates and a cash award of Rs 1000 each. On Friday at midnight, the Police Control Room received a call informing it that some persons had entered a house in Maloya Colony after breaking locks. With the help of residents of the colony, the PCR vehicle staff apprehended the two persons.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow