Bank of Baroda falls on earnings disappointment
- Spot-fixing: Petition in SC seeks stay on IPL matches, demands SIT probe
- India, China call for end to incursion issue, sign 8 deals to boost ties
- Sanjay Dutt spends restless nights as officials yet to decide on his jail
- Aarushi murder case: Rajesh Talwar claims he was asleep when killings took place
- Yahoo! says will acquire Tumblr for $1.1 bn, eyes billion visitors mark
*Shares in India's Bank of Baroda fall as much as 8 percent after the bank's October-December earnings disappointed investors.
* The bank said in a statement its December-quarter net profit fell to 10.12 billion rupees compared with 12.90 billion rupees a year earlier, while non-performing loans increased to 1.12 percent versus 0.51 percent a year earlier.
* "The market was expecting better numbers," said Vaibhav Agrawal, a banking analyst at Angel Broking.
* "Possibly, with the new management coming in, there has been higher NPA recognition than what would have earlier been expected."
* In January, the central government appointed S. S. Mundra as chairman and managing director of the bank.
* Bank of Baroda shares were down 7.1 percent at 0718 GMT.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- Manmohan-Li talks: PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in 'friendly fire'