Bank robbery: Locker owners declare assets worth crores
Two days after robbers broke into the vaults of state-run Punjab and Sind Bank, the Jalandhar police have made little headway in their investigations. Meanwhile, owners of 22 of the 36 bank lockers broken into have declared assets were several crores as stolen. The remaining owners are yet to contact bank authorities.
Sources informed that gold worth Rs 3 to 4 crore was looted from the lockers. Many victims claimed that gold between 10 to 50 tolas was kept by them in the lockers. Bank officials said that they are sending the details to the chairman of the bank.
Meanwhile, Deputy Commissioner of Police Sarabjit Singh convened a meeting of bank managers on Monday and asked them to install CCTV cameras and take proper security measures.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune guarantee, Sahara walks out of IPL
- 'Sree spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry'
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow