Barack Obama becomes first US President to cast his vote early
- IPL spot-fixing: Chennai Super Kings owner's kin under police scanner
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Rajasthan Royals
- Jessica Lall murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- BCCI was forced to encash Pune Warriors' bank guarantee: Sanjay Jagdale
Barack Obama created history when he went to a polling booth in his home town of Chicago to cast his vote, over 12 days ahead of the November 6 elections, thus becoming the first US President to vote early.
Amidst his hectic electioneering schedule, Obama flew in from Richmond in Virginia to cast his vote at the Martin Luther King Community Center in his home town of Chicago.
As Obama entered the voting he greeted everybody and said it is exciting to get to vote early. After he shook the hands of all the poll workers and handed forms to one of them.
"I think I've got paperwork I need to sign in front of you," he told an elderly woman handling his forms.
"This is the first time a president ever going to be early voting," he said while waiting. "That's pretty exciting," Obama said.
After that the woman election official asked for his driver's license for identification purposes.
"Oh, you're right," he said, reaching into his pocket. "I've got my driver's license. Now ignore the fact that there's no gray hair in that picture," he said. Following this the election official asked him a question about paperwork, something about whether it was the right forms, it seemed, according to a White House pool report.. "I assume it is," he said. "I hope so. If not, this will be really embarrassing."
While waiting, he asked if they had been getting a lot of early voters and was told they were. "It makes such a difference," he said. Then he remarked, "I'm just glad I renewed my driver's license."
According to the pool report, the woman who took his license held it up and gave it the sort of skeptical examination a TSA officer would. Obama laughed. "Did you see that?" he said, then mimicked her looking over the license.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow