Barack Obama greets Muslims on Eid-ul-Zuha
- IPL spot-fixing: Chennai Super Kings owner's kin under police scanner
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- Jessica Lal murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- India seeks access from US to 26/11 terror convicts Headley, Rana
- BSE Sensex falls 49 pts, Larsen & Toubro Limited shares hit by Q4 data
US President Barack Obama and the First Lady Michelle Obama have extended their best wishes for a joyful Eid-ul-Zuha to Muslims in America and around the world.
"We also congratulate the millions of peaceful pilgrims who are performing the Hajj, including thousands of American Muslims," Obama said.
"Throughout the year, Muslims join members of many faiths in serving those suffering from hunger, disease and conflict. Muslim communities will continue this practice as they celebrate Eid by distributing food and charity to those in need," he said.
"Such acts of compassion underscore the shared values of the Abrahamic religions and people of all faiths. On behalf of the American people, we extend our warmest greetings on this holiday. Eid Mubarak," Obama said.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow