Barcelona set up King's Cup semi-final with Real Madrid
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
Messi then hit the 40-goal mark for the fourth consecutive season when he turned Dani Alves' cross home.
The Argentina forward was substituted shortly after for the first time since Jan. 12, 2011.
Barcelona assistant coach Jordi Roura, who was in charge after manager Tito Vilanova reportedly went to New York to seek treatment following surgery to remove a throat tumor, said that he took Messi out as a precaution.
"He has a strained muscle, but we don't think he will have any problems (playing),'' Roura said.
Atletico drew 1-1 at Real Betis with Diego Costa scoring for Atletico in the 45th and Jorge Molina earning and converting a penalty to level one minutes from time.
The semifinals begin next week, with the second leg matches following in late February.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet